Achieving gender equity is critical to sustainable development. In all societies women’s and men’s roles are socially constructed, but all too frequently gender-based disparities exist that disadvantage women; this impedes their development and hence that of humankind.
Despite decades of effort, overall progress in improving women’s lives has been inconsistent. Moreover, environmental benefits and burdens affecting human capabilities are inequitably distributed. Women are still underrepresented in all levels of government and other decision-making arenas, whether at work or, for many, at home. Such lack of power is linked to higher levels of female poverty, especially in rural areas of developing countries where women are responsible for 60–80 per cent of food production as well as fuel and water provision yet have little access or control over natural assets such as land, water and ecological conditions that create opportunities for a better life.
A sustainable development pathway must be established which has an explicit commitment to gender equality and seeks to enhance women’s capabilities, respect and protect their rights and reduce and redistribute their unpaid care work. Women must have full and equal participation in decision making and policy development to create this pathway.
In reawakening the global consciousness for equity and harvesting potentials for the realisation of sustainable development goals, which places a lot more demand on the women folk, First Strategy International alongside other strategic partners, presents The Global Forum on Gender and Sustainable Development – Valencia, Spain. The Forum will bring together the thoughts, insights and divergent views of think tanks and professionals from both the EU as well as their African counterparts.
- Unparalleled Networking
- Keynote Presentations
- High level Panel Discussions
- Break-out Meetings
- Working visits
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Female/Male Executives in the Public and Private Sector
- Women in Civil Service / Ministries, Departments and Agencies
- Female Business Owners and Entrepreneurs
- Women in Banking and Business,
- Elected and Appointed Male/Female Legislators and Executives
- Wives of Elected & Appointed Government Officials
- Leaders of Women Associations
- Civil Society Organizations
- Change and Brand Champions
- Women Leaders and Emerging Leaders, ready and willing to more fully access their professional and expressive potential.
For enquiries and more information on participation, please contact +234 8037478294, +2348119740015 or e-mail workshop@localhost